Deborah E. Frimmel
Deborah Frimmel is an experienced labor and employment attorney with almost 25 years of experience. Deborah joined Burruezo & Burruezo in 2020, and provides legal service in all aspects of employment and labor law, including advice and counsel regarding ongoing employment claims, lawsuits, charges, grievances, collective and class-action litigation in state and federal court, employment agreements, separation agreements, severance agreements, workforce adjustment, diversity, and problem resolution.
Deborah has extensive experience providing employment litigation representation and prevention solutions for employees, as well as corporate counsel and human resources management. She also works with state and federal administrative agencies and is experienced in developing corporate policies and employee handbooks with an emphasis on litigation prevention.
Admitted to Practice
- 1996, Florida
- 1997, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- 1998, U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Florida; U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- 1999, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- 2003, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Nova Southeastern University (J.D., with honors, 1996)
- Villanova University (B.S., cum laude, 1990)
University of Phoenix, Central Florida Business Law; Master of Business Administration, (Adjunct Professor) 2007-2009
911 Outer Road
Orlando, FL 32814
T: (407) 630-6650
F: (407) 754-2905
Deborah hails from Philadelphia, PA. Before joining Burruezo & Burruezo, she worked at a national law firm representing local, regional and Fortune 500 corporations in labor and employment litigation at the federal and state court level, as well as before the EEOC and state and local administrative agencies. She has also managed her own employment law practice and served as Of Counsel with a national employment defense firm with 750 attorneys in 25 offices. Throughout her career, she has also counseled and trained human resources and management on topics involving Title VII, PDA, EPA, ADEA, FMLA, ADA, FCRA and FLSA (wage and hour) compliance. She’s also advised senior management and in-house counsel regarding employers’ federal and state statutory legal obligations in the employment context.
In addition to her firm experience, Deborah has been a featured speaker at management seminars for Lorman Education Services, The Defense Research Institute, The Council on Education in Management, Workforce Central Florida University, the University of Phoenix and the American Association of Corporate Counsel.
Professional & Civic Affiliations:
- The Florida Bar – Labor & Employment Section
- American Bar Association – Labor & Employment Section
- Orange County Bar Association – Labor and Employment Section
- Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- National Association of Employment Lawyers
- Florida Chapter of National Association of Employment Lawyers
- Recipient of Charlotte Newcombe Scholarship for Academic Achievement
- Villanova’s Dean’s List
- Villanova’s President’s List
- Gamma Phi National Honor Society, Member
- Moot Court Competitor, 1994-1995
- Recipient of Law School Scholarship for Academic Performance
- Law School – Class Rank – Top 10%